Gap Connah’s Quay is a football club in Wales, founded in 1946. Initially it was Connah’s Quay Juniors and the name of Connah’s Quay Nomads FC was accepted in 1951. In 1950s the team was crowned with the North Wales Amateur Cup thrice and in 1966 joined the Welsh League. In 1974, Connah’s Quay Nomads joined the Clwyd League and after decade they had three seasons in the Welsh Alliance. In 1990 Connah’s Quay was a founding member of the Cymru Alliance and then of the League of Wales.
In 1997/98 the team finished seventh in the League of Wales, competed in the FAW Premier Cup and was the finalist of the Welsh Cup. In 2002/03 and 2006/07 they finished fifth but in 2010 dropped to the Cymru Alliance after the number of teams in the top division were reduced to 12.
In 2010/11 they won the Cymru Alliance but didn’t promote. Nevertheless in 2011/12 they managed to advance to the top division.
Since 1998 the team uses the Deeside College stadium in Kelsterton.
Found a mistake? Highlight it with mouse and press CTRL + Enter. Thank you!